102 service was made available in the State from 1st Sep 2013. The service is primarily about shifting a patient from a lower level hospital to a higher level treatment facility. This has been made available by Govt. of Assam.
Under this service the following facilities are made available:
- Ambulance reaches within 30 minutes of the call made to toll free ‘102’ number.
- All types of patients can be carried from a lower health facility centre to higher health facility centre.
- Service is available 24x7.
- Besides oxygen, Ambulances are equipped with sophisticated and state of art life saving medical components, operated by a trained Emergency Medical Technician for effective pre hospital care during transportation.
- Accessibility: This service is easy to avail as caller need not make any extra effort in locating an Ambulance or thinking about hospital and so on, just need to dial the 3 digit number 102.